Cost effective and highly impactful, email marketing remains a vital part of every comprehensive marketing plan. Thanks to the battle-tested tactics of veteran email marketers, those who turn to this valuable communication resource today stand to benefit greatly from the strategies that continue to drive the effectiveness of modern email marketing.
1. Relevance is Still Relevant: Relevance has been called the Holy Grail of email marketing for good reason and that reality is unlikely to change. When paramount focus is placed on what your customers are interested in (based on everything from their purchase history to behavioral data), you can more skillfully determine what to communicate in a way that resonates.
2. Be Useful: Provide recipients with information or content that they can use. Regardless of your underlying sales or promotional objectives, give the email concrete value by presenting pertinent news, advice, or resources that communicate your awareness of that consumer’s interests and your authority on the matter at hand.
3. Tinker with Timing: There’s no universal right time or wrong time to send an email. Consequently, personalization in email marketing isn’t limited to the style or substance of the message. It’s also about connecting on the days and times that generate the best engagement from your unique consumer base. Experiment with timing and gauge the results to find the “right time” for your specific audience.
4. Make the Call to Action Clear: Providing a weak call to action is one of the biggest mistakes email marketers continue to make. Your email must be as actionable as it is personal. Boldly highlighting an offer, invite, or opportunity with a clear path to act won’t be viewed as pushy so long as the email is still compact, content-relevant, and customized for that recipient.
5. Monitor, Measure, and Modify: Despite the proven techniques often touted, there’s no one-size-fits-all strategy for email marketing. Luckily, we have email analytics to help us monitor, measure, and modify campaigns. Dedicate ample time to study the results. Eventually, you will identify the variables that work and isolate those that do not.
To learn more about effective and affordable email marketing solutions that may be right for you, click here.