It’s that time of year again. As 2012 winds to a close, the time has come once more to reflect on the best of the year that’s passed.
On Friday, the folks at Apple released their list of the biggest hits in the land of iTunes for the past year, giving consumers one last shot to grab all these hot items before 2012 officially enters the history books.
Of course, if the Mayans are right, we have even less time to enjoy these multimedia goodies. So what are you waiting for? Check out Apple’s “best of 2012″ below and feel free to weigh in with your suggestions on the best of 2012. We would love to hear your thoughts!
- Best Artist: Frank Ocean
- Best Album: “Shields,” by Grizzly Bear
- Best Song: “We Are Young,” by Fun.
- Breakthrough Album: “The Lumineers,” by The Lumineers
- Best Blockbuster: The Avengers
- Best Director: Wes Anderson for “Moonrise Kingdom
- Best Discovery: Beasts of the Southern Wild
- Best Star-Making Performance: Jennifer Lawrence in “The Hunger Games”
- Best Show: Breaking Bad
- Best Episode: Homeland, “The Weekend”
- Best Debut: Girls
- Best Cast: Happy Endings
- iPad App of the Year: Paper by FiftyThree
- iPad Game of the Year: The Room
- iPhone App of the Year: Action Movie FX
- iPhone Game of the Year: Rayman Jungle Run
- Best Novel: “The Dog Stars,” by Peter Heller
- Best Nonfiction: “Beautiful Behind the Forevers,” by Katherine Boo
- Best Young Adult Novel: “The Fault in Our Stars,” by John Green
- Best Multi-Touch Book: “Fashion,” by DK Publishing
- Best New Audio Podcast: NPR: TED Radio Hour
- Best Audio Podcast: The Adam Carolla Show
- Best New Video Podcast: MinutePhysics
- Best Video Podcast: Sesame Street