Digital media consumption now constitutes a genuine multi-course meal, not just a snack. That’s the takeaway from a newly released comScore study, which also shows that Facebook is getting its just desserts.
The comScore research shows that the majority of digital media consumption now takes place in mobile apps.
“That means mobile apps, including the number 1 most popular app Facebook, eat up more of our time than desktop usage or mobile web surfing, accounting for 52 percent of the time spent using digital media,” according to a story on the study posted at TechCrunch. “Combined with mobile web, mobile usage as a whole accounts for 60 percent of time spent, while desktop-based digital media consumption makes up the remaining 40 percent.”
Posted in Announcements, Mobile Apps, Mobile Devices, News, Platforms, Predictions, Smartphones
It’s difficult to find a market in which Apple doesn’t exert tremendous influence, but what about mobile payments?
According to IDC Financial Insights‘ new report, “Business Strategy: Apple and the Payments Tipping Point,” Apple may not yet be a mobile payments behemoth, but the tide could soon be turning.
“The possibility of Apple playing an increasing role in payments, one that leverages its entire ecosystem of online digital stores, brick-and-mortar retail outlets, and line of mobile devices to facilitate payments, has spurred considerable interest and debate within the payment community and tech press,” the report summary reads. “The question then is what does Apple stand to gain? And more importantly, what does Apple’s presence in the payment landscape mean for retailers, banks, processors, and other stakeholders?”
Posted in Announcements, iPhone, Marketing Strategy, Mobile Devices, Mobile Payments, News, Platforms, Predictions, Rumors, Smartphones, Technology
iPhone 6 sales may prove to be impervious to troubles from the supply chain and manufacturing channels.
On Monday, J.P. Morgan told investors that there will be “no impact” on iPhone 6 sales resulting from rumored component shortages.
According to J.P. Morgan analyst Rod Hall, if speculation surrounding iPhone 6 display shortages is legitimate, it doesn’t amount to a hill of beans.
Posted in Announcements, iPhone, Mobile Devices, News, Platforms, Predictions, Rumors, Smartphones, Technology
Guess what, folks? There might be a new addition to the online casino world in the US. That new addition would be none other than, the payment site you eBayers know and love, PayPal.
According to cardschat.com, the online gambling market has been trying to get this powerhouse payment site to join on for a while. This very well may be a reality as Online Poker Report’s author Chris Grove tweeted, “Sources tell OPR that PayPal will start processing regulated US online #gambling payments in coming months. Handful of operators to start.”
Posted in Announcements, Marketing Strategy, News, Predictions, Rumors, Technology
A new whitepaper from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech probes the rapidly maturing world of smartphones.
The transition into higher adoption rates for smartphones means that future sales and vendors’ success rely on converting feature phone users to smartphones as much as luring existing smartphone users to upgrade, the report summary reads.
Hardware, fantastic as many of us see it, will not always sell itself. Understanding what drives first-time users to invest in a smartphone and how they can benefit from it is vital.
Posted in Announcements, Mobile Devices, News, Platforms, Predictions, Smartphones, Technology
While rarely if ever discussed in the same breath as other social media marketing giants like Facebook and Twitter, Pinterest is no pushover as a powerful platform for mobile social marketing.
And the popular pinboard-style social sharing platform knows it. Consequently, the company is reportedly planning to step up their advertising offerings next year.
Posted in Announcements, Mobile Advertising, Mobile Advertising Campaigns, Mobile Devices, Mobile Marketing, News, Platforms, Predictions, Rumors
New research from Strategy Analytics isn’t painting an entirely promising picture for Samsung and Apple, the top two titans in the smartphone and tablet hardware business.
According to data shared with MMW, global tablet shipments reached 52.4 million units in the second quarter of 2014. Tablet shipments from both Apple and Samsung were down on Q2 2013 volumes.
Second quarter 2014 Global Tablet shipments were up 5% at 52.4 million units, with Asus and Lenovo the only top 5 ranked vendors delivering shipment growth over Q2 2013.
Posted in Android, Announcements, iOS, iPhone, Marketing Strategy, Mobile Devices, News, Platforms, Predictions, Technology