This year, it’s clear that mobile is the new black.
With access to sophisticated social media applications and high-quality smartphone cameras, the power in our pocket has blazed the trail for “pocketography,” prompting the rise of new image sharing sites and a trend towards “mobile journalism” to help keep us connected and up-to-date wherever we’re at.
This week, iStockphoto released an infographic all about mobile content capturing and sharing.
Among the insights contained in the report:
- 322 million mobile subscriptions in the U.S.; 6 billion mobile subscriptions worldwide
- 140 billion total photos on Facebook
- 40 million daily uploads to Instagram
- TIME Magazine used mobile photo of Hurricane Sandy for cover image
- 1.3 million photos of Hurricane Sandy were posted to Instagram at a speed of 10 photos/second
To learn more, check out the full infographic below.