BlackBerry Z10 users are in for a social media surprise.
Based on your feedback, the smartphone maker announced today, BlackBerry has updated its Twitter and LinkedIn apps, adding some features that you’ve apparently been asking for.
Twitter users will enjoy an enhanced tweeting experience, while the LinkedIn update provides helpful business tools that allow you to keep connected to your professional networks.
Although it may take upwards of 24 hours for the apps to appear in the BlackBerry World storefront, they’re definitely coming.
Among the features for Twitter in v10.0.1 are:
- An enhanced Compose Tweet Screen allows you to take a new photo or add an existing one, add your location, and offers a shortcut for “@”.
- It’s now easier for you to compose a Direct Message – you can do it right from the “Me” tab within the app. Viewing Direct Messages from your contacts is also available in the BlackBerry Hub.
- You can now edit your profile picture, header, and details from your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
For LinkedIn, some of the new features in v10.0.1 include:
- You now have access to view, search and save jobs that are ‘Recommended’ for you.
- Choose the LinkedIn news that matters the most by filtering the news by Industries you are interested in.
- Full-screen viewing of LinkedIn profiles for an enhanced visual experience.
To recap the full list of tweaks made to the apps, click here.